MANNY Pacquiao’s promoter Bob Arum says no deal has been done for a showdown with Bolton’s Amir Khan next year.

Reports on Tuesday night suggested a contract had been signed for the two former Freddie Roach stablemates to clash in Las Vegas in April.

But Arum has branded the speculation ‘ridiculous’ and says no decision has been made on who Pacquiao will be facing in what is expected to be his final fight before he quits boxing to run for the senate in his native Philippines.

To Rank chief Arum told ESPN: «I haven’t sent a contract to him (Khan). We haven’t sent anything to him.

«Don’t you think I’m the promoter of the fight and I would know if I sent a contract?

«It’s not true. This is ridiculous. There is no deal. There is no contract. There has been no decision whatsoever.

«Top Rank will send a contract when Manny makes his decision on who he wants to fight.

«Right now, what we are doing is trying to decide between Crawford and Khan for April 9.

«I don’t know what Khan said he signed. Don’t I have the right to draw up a contract with either guy? I don’t know who Manny wants to fight.»

Навигация по записям